Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Second Life: Role Play

I chose to explore a Role Play based on the reimagined series Battlestar Galactica, from 2004.

I filled out a brief application, expressing my interest and the type of role that I would like to play. I chose Engineering as a role, and picked a colony from the world of BSG (Scorpio) as my origin. I had to create a brief biography for my character (Flint Agathon).

 (Submitting My Application)

I was granted access to the RP and invited to join the BSG Group. I was told that I would be assigned to the Battlestar Thesis (the main ship in the RP). The Commanding Officer told me where to acquire the uniform and equipment that I would need.

(My BSG Duty Blues Uniform in the Shuttle Bay of the Battlestar Thesis)

I reviewed the RP rules and background of the story, which is a fan-created extension of the world of the series. I explored the Battlestar, found the shuttle bay and the Command Center (CIC).

(Sitting in the cockpit of a Raptor Gunship)

The next day, I logged in again, and this time, I encountered the Commanding Office, who informed me that my uniform was not correct for my role. He helped me acquire and configure the uniform that I would need and explained that there were a number of individual RP missions, as well as "Main Events" which would be communicated in group messages. The Commander explained the the majority of players in the RP were from Europe, the United States, and Australia. He spent a considerable amount of time helping me, and even mentioned that there were people in SL who offered introductory courses in RP for those who were new to the "game." 

A shorrt while later, I went back and investigated the Planet Djerba, which is athe site of some of the story in the RP. I did some exploring, and found a computer, which yielded some data that I was directed to "bring bak to the Ship."

(Retrieving hard drives from Cylon Lab on Djerba)

I am looking forward to getting involved with some of the larger group missions in this RP, and will update this blog as I get more interaction with the group.







No comments:

Post a Comment